Audio Mixer Project - Introduction

First things first...

I've been a musician basically all of my life. Around 12 years ago I played drums professionally in local bands and managed to do around 500 shows. I also dabbled in guitars & keyboards.

Anyways over the years I've accumulated a ton of semi-pro audio equipment for home recordings etc. but nowadays I just want a good quality, simple, setup for audio playback from my PC.

To cut a long story short, I want to decrease my clutter and replace my old Soundcraft Spirit SX 20 input mixer with a little 2 channel mixer I can have on my desk.


So I plan to document the many steps involved in creating this little mixer. The topics I hope to cover are: 
  • Schematic and PCB designs
  • Determining the required specifications of the mixer
  • Various electronic measurements
  • Case design in Solidworks
  • Parts selection
At the end of the project hopefully I will have documented the design well enough that the reader can make their own version of this little mixer.

I'll also make all the files (CAD, Schematics, Gerber Files etc.) available for download.

Stay tuned.


Justin Ryan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audio Mixer - Part 1 - Playing with OP-AMPS

Mixer - Part 2 - Using the OPA2134

Omron CJ1M-CPU11 PLC Teardown