Omron CJ1M-CPU11 PLC Teardown

Hi,

Recently I asked a lecturer what processor the OMRON PLC's generally used and all I got was a dumbfounded look and a who cares reaction.
Fast forward a couple of months I purchased a used one off eBay and to initially program the unit I had to pull it apart. I'll go into more detail about that in another post but I thought why not take some photos and identify the main components on the board. I couldn't find any reference on the net as to what's inside one of these units so I thought some people out there might find it interesting. As expected ,however, there's not much to them.



The main chips and their datasheets are:

Renesas HD6437145 - Datasheet
Cypress - CY7C1021CV33 - Datasheet - $6.94
Maxim – MAX3243 - Datasheet - $7.67
Renesas – R1LV0408CSA - Datasheet - $19.85
SN74LV14A - Datasheet - 72c

Thanks for reading

Justin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Audio Mixer - Part 1 - Playing with OP-AMPS

Mixer - Part 2 - Using the OPA2134